1.02.2013

Christmas Was Already a Week Ago?

This holiday season seemed to zoom by quicker than any of the previous years. Before I knew it, the big day was here and gone. The family get-togethers were over. The gifts were opened and strewn about. And my jeans are now two sizes too small.


Here are some highlights from Christmas 2012.

My friend Kim and I spent a full day baking the hell out of all of the desserts below (and more).

Things I Like to Eat (...and Other Nonsense) blog
Christmas 'Funfetti' Cupcakes


Things I Like to Eat (...and Other Nonsense) blog
Eggnog Cookies


Things I Like to Eat (...and Other Nonsense) blog
Oreo Balls


Things I Like to Eat (...and Other Nonsense) blog
Candy Cane Pretzel Bark


Things I Like to Eat (...and Other Nonsense) blog
Peanut Butter - Chocolate Fudge

Eric's family has a tradition in which everyone has to have at least a bite of fried oysters on Christmas Eve. The first year I tried a bite, but the consistency was too chewy and I politely dropped it in the trash can. The second year, I didn't even attempt it. This year, however, I not only had my bite, but I had four whole pieces. It was good! The key is in the coating. Make anything taste like fried chicken and it's hard to lose.

Fried oysters

Fresh loaf of herbed bread my sister made.

Italian platter appetizer


Christmas dinner



And some shots of things other than food.

My nephew, L.

Sister's dog, Charley

The star of the show, Mom

Me and my asparagus

My sister and brother-in-law. I'd like to add that we were going for cheezy with this photo. I think we succeeded.

The best Christmas ornament I've ever seen.

Mom trying out her new heating pad eye-mask.

Holiday paper

My brother-in-law

Our Christmas tree. And the 4 ft. vintage, inflatable reindeer behind it.


I talked Eric into letting me put silver tinsel on the tree this year. He wasn't a big fan and said it looked like the tree had hair. I can't really argue with him on that one. As a child, our trees always had tinsel on them, so it's kind of nostalgic for me. Do you put tinsel on your trees, or am I the only one?? 

Our tree topper
The holiday cards we received this year
My nephews playing with the new bow & arrow set. I look like I'm wearing a diaper.
Biscuit and her Christmas loot

Me and Eric


How did my holiday compare to yours? 

Hopefully, 2013 will bring more great food and family stuff. Oh. And I guess a job, too, although it will totally cut into my Judge Judy time.







4 comments:

tara said...

Your pictures are great! I can't believe Christmas is already over either.

I love the cheesy photo of your sister and brother in law. Cheese achieved!

Adam said...

looks like a fun christmas

Lorraine said...

I want all of that food in my belly right now. I thought I was over holiday eating but then I saw this post and MMM FUDGE.

Happy new year, dear!

TILTE said...

TARA - Thank you! My family has a secret knack for taking really cheezy/ hoaky/ embarrassing photos.

ADAM - Thanks, Adam! It was fun. Probably the most fun I've had with my family at a Christmas celebration in about a year. :)

LORRAINE - I know. I thought I was over it, too, but looking back at that deli platter my mouth is watering. I need help.

© Things I Like to Eat (...and Other Nonsense), AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena