(Re-enactment of eStrunk bring magic to my blog.)
Ever since that moment, my friendage has grown by like 23% (totally random statistic) and just like McDonald's says, I'm Lovin' It. Just today, TWO of my blogmates happened to pimp.me.out. That's right folks, I'm big-time now. You are in the presence of a bonerfied celebrity.
Big Ups to Junks over at Junket Juice for her latest post in which she talks about how cool and hilarious and radical I am (I may have edited the exact words she used). If you haven't checked her out by now, you are thiiiiiis close to being cut from my life forever.
I would never do that to you, dear friends. But you really should check her out because she's a great writer and she will probably be famous one day and then you would totally kick yourself in the ballz for missing the boat on this one.
In addition to Junks, I'd also like to thank the academy. And by academy, I mostly mean Tami over at 29 and Holding... for not only plugging TILTE, but also for- wait for iiiiit...- GIVING ME AN AWARD!!!! I know, I'm totes still hyperventiliating over this. Before we get down to business, I have to raise the roof for Tami. Check her out here, here, or (in case you missed the first three links) here.
So. Back to me. You are looking at the latest recipient of the Plastic Joy Award!
(I did not design this award, and therefore, am not responsible for the pornographic Barbie dolls on your screen)
According to the Plastic Joy Awards committee, you have to name 5 characters (NOT the actual celeb) that you would like to take to the boneyard. Well, since I am a leydeh and I would never [make-believe] kiss and tell (and also because my mom reads this and I like to keep the vulgarity to a minimum), I'm going to change it to naming 5 characters I'd like to make my cell phone's Fav5. Let the babefest commence!
5. Jake Ryan from Sixteen Candles - Who hasn't had a crush on this '80's babe? Jake was the handsome, caring, boy-next-door who flew in at the last minute right when poor ugly Molly Ringworm was certain the whole planet had forgotten about her existence. -The whole planet except Jaaaaake, that is. :::swoon:::
4. Noah Calhoun from The Notebook - I have to admit, this is kind of a cheat... I've never actually seen this movie, I only happened to walk in on my roommates during the closing scene and there were tears. LOTS of tears. I'm not one for fufu lovey-dovey movies, so I'll probably never see it. But I have had a mad crush on this stud since his Breaker High days (Okay, probably not the best video since he seems a little creepy...) and even wrote him a letter asking him to my prom. Rest assured, I'm not as stalkery as I seem, I never sent the letter. And instead, I went to prom with my cousin. True story. (Your loss, Noah Calhoun...)
3. Richie Tenenbaum from The Royal Tenenbaums - Let's face it, Luke Wilson is always a babe, no matter what character he plays. But his character in TRT really has a place in my heart because he's very sweet, very weird, and pulls off a radical beard/headband combo. Oh yeah, and plays tennis. Tennis is a prerequisite.
2. Jack Tripper from Three's Company - I only had to think about this one for maaaaybe .000001 seconds because I.LOVE.JACK.TRIPPER. He is the cheesy 70's beauhunk of my dreams. Super funny + tight pants + knows how to cook = dream guy.
1. And my number-one-top-spot for Characters I'd Like to Add to my Fav5... Patrick Bateman from American Psycho. Again, Christian Bale happens to be a stone-cold-fox and looks dreamy no matter movie he's in. I'm not sure if it's the dashing businessman suit, or the affinity for badass 80's music, but hands down, he is drop dead gorgeous. This also happens to be one of my favorite movies.
Time to pass the torch. Now I get to pick 5 other bloggers to give the award to. Congrats go to...
Chrystal at My Morning Music
Biscuit at Whisker Biscuit
Ben at No Ordinary Rollercoaster
(EDIT: I also want to add an Honorable Mention for Wombat Central at Postcards From Oblivion. Yep, I just made it a 6-Recipient award. That's how I roll.)
Fingers crossed these people actually read my blog and are aware of their newly acquired royalty status.