4.29.2011

What They Wore: Royal Wedding Edition.

Last night I found myself very interested in the nuptuals of William and Kate. And since I spent some time living in London, and even found myself married a Brit one time, I took the liberty of making myself an official style correspondent on the royal wedding.

Posh and Becks. Posh has her happy face on.



Tara Palmer-Tomkinson, donning a hat that only draws attention straight to her trainwreck of a nose. (If you think I'm exagerrating, click HEEERE).



Sir Elton John.

Although I really wish he would have gone with something from this collection instead:

It's a timeless look, really.


Queenie opted for the rarely seen "smile".



Camilla being cute as a button.



Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie with some crazy shit on their heads.



Carole Middleton. A lovely mum.



Kate's sister Pippa. There's not much I can say about this outfit because she looks great. However, some people are all worked up over it because she wore white. Whatever. If this outfit was really considered inappropriate, the shitload of royal advisors probably would have mentioned it somewhere along the way.



Wills and Harr-Bear doing the whole "royal" thing.



And of course, the real deal Holyfield, Kate Middleton wearing a beautiful Sarah Burton gown.







This little girl is clearly the star of the show.


Congrats, William and Kate!

But seriously... "...for richer or poorer"...?

On what planet are these two ever going to be poor...? Come on.

13 comments:

Cake Betch said...

Oh. My. God. You were not exaggerating about that nose. WOW. WOW. How does that happen?? Is it broken? I'm scared.

And gawd-DAM those hats are HIDEOUS. It's like a giant contest for most ridiculous looking hat on the planet.

Simone said...

looks like a parade of idiots. really with those hats? good lord. elton would have fit in much better with his older garb.

Nikosmommy said...

Tara Palmer Tomkinson's nose is insane! Someone give that girl an intervention!!!


Overall i think everyone looked great. The fascinator hats are fun and original...though Fergie's daughters looked redic!

Alicia xoxxo said...

Great fashion re-cap!!
How is Posh in those heels? How does he not look preggo? I am 7 1/2 mos preggo and can not wear heels bc of swelling. She looks like she has a small pillow under her dress. Maybe I am just jelly because I don't look nearly as fab as she does! But seriously, she does not look like she has gained an ounce!
Princesses B and E, hideous fashion disasters!!!
Loved the Queen in yellow! So fresh and a happy color! Camilla looked nice too.
I thought Pippa looked awesome. I read somewhere that the bridesmaids DO wear white a lot in weddings and that it is not a faux pas like it is here in the states.

MRanthrope said...

William's bald spot stole the show IMO. haha

Coyote Rose said...

OMG those hats. WTF is up with those hats?

I have to say the middleton sisters are very pretty. Kate will look lovely on a postage stamp.

Bonnie said...

The royal couple that I was most concerned with was Posh and David Beckham.
And not only because I want to bang David.

http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
Twitter: @GlamKitten88

Erin said...

I think I felt the world snicker in unison when they said "in richer and poorer."

Erin said...

P.S. Holy shitballs. I just went and looked at The Nose. The sad part is her nose used to be so cute.

Sara McCarty said...

WOAH!! Holy mother of noses!! I'm blown away!

Unknown said...

Some of those hats looked like the ladies could use them as little boats and have post-wedding races on the Thames.

TILTE said...

RE THE NOSE: i know, it's a total fucking disaster. apparently she's had a bit of a "drug problem" and it straight up collapsed on her.

RE THE HATS: i actually LOVELOVELOVE wearing hats and fascinators to special events and i wish it were more common here in the states. i just thought the princesses' looked a little less dressy and a little more WTF.

ALICIA - i know, i'm so jealous that she's pregnant and walking around in heels. i'm not even pregnant and my feet cringe at the thought of anything besides ballet flat. i'm sure i'm going to have club foot by the time i deliver any future children.

MRANTHROPE - bah! you're so right. i was going to mention that but didn't want to be too catty. afterall, he can't help it, it's genetics. -so i'm glad you brought it up. :)

ROSE - you're right, they're both beautiful. they must have some great genes in that family.

ERIN - even kate snickered over the "for richer or poorer" part. lucky dog.

Anonymous said...

OMG that nose! poor thing.

And my only beef with the wedding is how THING Kate was. EAT SOMETHING GIRL.

© Things I Like to Eat (...and Other Nonsense), AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena