Tacos are a highly sought after staple in this house. The three of us love homemade tacos and we could easily have them several times a week. The downside: The greasy aftermath known as "the kitchen." So when I saw I could have crispy tacos without the oily mess, I was all over it.
Taco seasoning (I used garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and cumin)
Note: These ingredients are just suggestions- add / omit to your liking.
1. Heat oven to 350 F (176 C). Coat a muffin tin with non-stick spray.
2. Saute ground beef, with spices, until browned. Drain grease.
3. Add cheese, corn, salsa, and beans to the ground beef until it's reached a consistency you like.
4. Cut tortillas into squares. I winged it on the size, then used a good-sized one as a template for the rest.
5. Stuff one tortilla square into each muffin cup. If your tortillas aren't very pliable, stick them in the microwave for a few seconds, then squeeze into muffin tins while warm.
6. Fill each tortilla cup with ground beef mixture. Bake for approximately 20 minutes, or until the edges start to brown.
7. Top with whatever toppings you like- avocado, lettuce, tomato, hot sauce, sour cream, cheese, etc.
Try these out the next time you feeling like eating Mexican and being healthy. Ha.