SOFT SNICKERDOODLE COOKIES
-1 cup butter
-1 1/2 cups sugar
-2 3/4 cups flour
-2 teaspoons cream of tartar
-1 tsp baking soda
-1/4 tsp salt
-3 tbsp sugar
-3 tsp cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Mix butter, 1 1/2 cups sugar, and eggs.
3. In a separate bowl, combine flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt. Blend dry ingredients into the butter mixture.
4. Chill dough and ungreased cookie sheet in the fridge for 15 minutes.
5. Mix the remaining sugar and cinnamon.
6. Make 1-inch balls of dough and roll in cinnamon mixture.
7. Place on cookie sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
8. Remove from sheet immediately.
(Unfortunately, this is the only picture I took. In real life, they don't look quite so much like they were dropped in sand.)
NOTE: Since each oven is different, I would suggest messing around with the cooking time a bit. At the 10 minute mark, my cookies came out gooey in the middle. 11 minutes, 30 seconds worked perfect for my batch. They were still soft.
Juju Bee @ Food.com did not let me down. These cookies are simple to make and I had all the ingredients already in my kitchen. They're a great baked item to take to holiday events since they're kind of festive (cinnamon!) and take no effort. And by "holiday event", I mean for those days when you call in sick so you can stay home and watch DVR'd episodes of Judge Judy.