So I'm back. And guess what! (I know. There's no surprise because I can't keep a secret and already spilled those beans up there in the title.) I have more aWaRdS!!!
Shall I do the honors?? Of course, I shall.
Thankyou thankyou thankyous to my new internet besties (Note: Anyone who gives me an award gets an automatic promotion to this prestigious status) Lacey Ree at This Freckled Lemonade, Jessica at Cheese Grater in Paradise, and Coyote Rose at Dancing on the Bar of Life. All of these lovely ladies think that MY blog is worthy of the (wait for it.......) Versatile Blogger Award!!! And if three separate geniuses happen to think I'm a versatile blogger, well, who am I to argue.
In fact, I'm so versatile, I googled images for "Versatile Blogger" and picked another image to use as my award. This is cutting edge stuff here, people.
According to the rules of the world wide web, the award goes something like this:
1. Thank the award giver. (Duh. I'm not turning my backs on you now, mes amis.)
2. Share seven things about yourself. (Only seven??? This is where I may have some difficulties.)
3. Nominate new award winners and let them know. (Oh, don't you worry. Check and check.)
Ok, so since THREE (did you catch that? I said THREE) people nominated me, I feel it's only natural to share 21 things about myself. And for those of you who are my real-life friends, most of these may seem familiar because they've been recycled from a Facebook note.
1. I don't like chocolate, marshmallow, coconutz, or peanut stuff.
2. When I was around 8 years old I begged my mom for L.A. Gear shoes. For Christmas she got me cheap knock-offs because we didn't have a lot of money. I wanted to DIE. Now I look back and think it's lame that it bothered me so much.
3. There's a rumor going around that I got wasted and puked at a Bat Mitzvah.
4. My college roommate Katie and I backpacked across Europe- London, Paris, Barcelona, Valencia, Rome, and Amsterdam to be exact. It was the trip of a lifetime.
5. I wish I had the time/ money to take fine art classes again.
6. Try putting a dress on a cat. You'll love the way it looks, I guarantee. And by looks, I mean paralyzes.
7. I'm lactose intolerant. Despite my gastrointestinal tract's pleas for mercy, half of my diet consists of butter and cheese. (Shout out to my homie Lactaid Fast Act.)
8. Accidentally saying "Reece's Penis" (instead of Reece's Pieces) or "Beaver Cleavage" (instead of Beaver Cleaver) or that you want to live in a "condom" (instead of a condo) when you are little is NOT funny.
9. I made it all the way to the state level of the Science Fair. I have the trophy to prove it.
10. As a kid I had imaginary friends who were mice named Kiki and Kuku.
11. One day in college Susie and I thought it would be funny if I played a trick on Rawnie by telling her to wear a certain outfit (I had the EXACT same one, head to toe) to class the next day. So, the next day I wore the same outfit and caused a scene saying "Oh my god, I TOLD you I was going to wear this today! Why would you do that?!?"
12. I lovelovelove disco music- my favorite song is "You Make Me Feel" by Sylvester. I wish Studio54 was still around and I was cool enough to get in.
13. A few years back I was taking Christmas photos of my sister and her kids all dressed up. My niece Annalise was sitting on my lap all prim and proper in her Christmas dress when she accidentally farted. I laughed so hard, launching her off my lap saying "Ewwwww, Annalise- gross!!!" She got really embarrassed and ran out of the room, crying. I still think it's funny.
14. One time in Vegas, I was pulled on stage by Penn and Teller to be a magician's assistant. I will share this story with you at a later date.
15. It makes me sad when I see older people working minimum wage jobs. That's someone's grandparent, they should be relaxing with their grandkids, not cleaning up my dirty dishes.
16. I will take a Stella over a glass of wine, any day.
17. My favorite genre of music is 80's New Wave. There aren't nearly enough dance clubs that cater to this type of enjoyment.
18. I have a deep-rooted fondness for carbohydrates. And horchata.
19. My favorite toy as a child was a dollhouse my Grandpa bought me. From the thrift store.
20. Sometimes when I'm at my desk I find it hard to concentrate on anything other than my bellies hanging over my jeans.
21. I lived in a UCLA frat house one summer. Talk about disgusting.
I am now passing this magnificent award on to...
Danielle at So Here's What You Missed...
Ally at Fourth Grade Nothing
Asha Lanae at ...Project Me
RN Mama at 29 and Holding...
Junks at Junket Juice
And for my next bit of totally
believable unbelievable news, Sara Louise from Le Petite Village has ALSO given me an award!!! That's right. Amazing things are happening.
For this award, you need to list ten things that make you happy. Since I could be here all day, I'm going to limit my answers. Here we go...
1. Good makeup days.
2. Good parking spots.
3. Good meals.
4. Good deals.
5. Making food that isn't poisonous.
6. Being goofy with friends.
7. Playing Rock Band.
8. Doing things well. Whatever it is. Doesn't matter.
9. Hearing favorite songs on the radio.
10. Dressing up for costume parties.
And now I'm bestowing this lovely over to NikosMommy at Fabulous! (Pasta Not Included). Congrats!
And thank you to all my besties!!!