4.14.2010

Okay new friends, I'm gonna give it you straight: We had McDonald's for dinner. I know, I know, I can already hear you saying "We're still in week one and you're already having McDonald's??" This happened because A) Keith was picking up dinner on his way home, B) I was starving and desperate, and C) I don't get paid till Friday. To make up for this all American snoozefest, I will share all of my foods from today with you. Well, all except my breakfast. It was too early for cameras and thinking.

I worked from home today so I had the impossible task of looking for something to eat in my own kitchen. ...wtf? This is like getting blood from a stone.

My depressing lunch consisted of- wait for it.... a baked potato. -That I didn't even cook long enough so it was slightly crunchy. And despite the pounds of cheese/ butter/ salt/ pepper I dumped on top, it tasted like shaz. My suicidal potato was the worst meal ever and ruined my life.


I ended up throwing half of it away (The potato half, that is. Obviously the cheese was still totally edible.) and a couple hours later treated myself to my latest midday obsession: Butter pecan ice cream. Mmmm, I've had this treat almost every day for the past 2 weeks and the honeymoon is far from over with this dairy delight.


After all these sad foods, I was desperate for a dinner I could totally pig out on. Keith ended up bringing home Mcdizzle and eventhough it wasn't really that great, I didn't complain. I couldn't complain because I was busy inhaling my quarter pounder value meal.



So that was it for my day. Less than riviting, I know. But I'm hoping to have some more interesting lunches coming up in the next few days. Hint: I will have my first lunch guest! Exciting, isn't it?!?! I know, I'm the only one who's excited. I don't care.

...Time for some other nonsense...

Has anyone seen this show called Minute to Win It? Keith and I just watched it for the first time and it was total shit. Why is it that they always cast the most annoying assclowns to be contestants on every game show these days? Maybe it was the quarter pounder talking, but Keith and I ended up cheering on the contestant to actually hurt herself instead of to complete the task. Keith even said, "I wish she would twist her ankle." The saving grace of tonight's episode was a challenge called Bobblehead where the contestant had to clock over 125 motions on a pedometer that's placed around her head. I don't even want to link you to the M2WI website because then I would be racked with guilt for leading you to such garbage. However, I will lead you to a youtube of somebody demonstrating it in the comforts of their own home.

You can thank me later for that one.

6 comments:

Bigger than Average Mom said...

didn't mom teach you how to nuke a potato??? lol. there is nothing wrong with mcdizzle. last night's snack wraps were the bomb! of course i hadn't eaten all day, by the time i was able to sit in the luxury of my bed to inhale it. as for that shitty show. i didn't even give it 5 minutes. stupid people doing stupid things. i have my children for that.

Bigger than Average Mom said...

btw... notice the wine glass stems with your din din. nice touch of class avec dinner.

Suz Lund said...

Can we apply to be lunch daters. Simon off in Montana, for the next couple of weeks, we could fit in some lunch time grub.............

danielle said...

Minute to Win It is a game show about unemployed Americans during one of the United States's worst recessions. The participants play silly games that even children deem ridiculous because they have nothing left to lose and are one missed payment away of losing their house and their American dream to Bank of America. It all comes down to a game where they have to get 3 eggs into a circle by waving a pizza box to cause a draft (these poor starving souls don't even get to eat the pizza inside the box). In the end, while it seems all of their problems have been solved, they start their victory dance too early only to notice that one of the eggs has rolled out at the last second and they lost all their money.. and their house.

Robin said...

Hey I like food too..today Im doing Heffs Culinary Smackdown..my blog is very ecclectic though...everyday you'll find something different..your blog is great..everything looks so delicious..ill be back to visit..!

TILTE said...

thanks robin! i checked yours out too and became a follower!

© Things I Like to Eat (...and Other Nonsense), AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena