It was the so freaking good, it took everything in me to not go back and eat the whole plate.
After casually inhaling two more, I complimented my coworker Jill on her handywork and basically begged for the recipe.
Hopefully, it's not a secret family treasure because I'm totally sharing it right now with the whole, wide world (and by world, I really just mean my mom and two friends in Casper, WY).
Raspberry Coconut Layer Bars
Ingredients1 2/3 graham cracker crumbs
1 stick melted butter
7 oz sweetened flaked coconut
14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
1 cup raspberry jam (roughly 3/4 of the jar, if you don't feel like measuring)
1/2 cup chopped, toasted walnuts
DirectionsPreheat oven to 350.
1. Mix together graham cracker crumbs and butter. Press into a compact crust in a 9x13 baking dish.
2. Spread coconut evenly over crust.
3. Pour condensed milk evenly over coconut.
4. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the edges turn golden.
5. Let cool, then evenly spread jam over everything. (It will seem like there's not enough, but there is.)
6. Chill 3 - 4 hours. Top with toasted walnuts; you may want to use more than 1/2 cup. As you can see in the photos, it's on the sparse side.
7. Cut into squares/ rectangles and serve!
I made these for our Super Bowl party and they were a fucking hit. Not to mention, they were super easy to make. Anything that's easy to throw together and makes me look like I know what I'm doing in the kitchen gets a thumbs up in my book. Five chins all around!