11.18.2013

Giada De Laurentiis - Lemon Ricotta Cookie Mix

Not only do I love discovering new cookie recipes, especially ones that do not involve chocolate or peanut butter, but I especially love discovering new EASY cookie recipes. On a somewhat-related note, I watch the Food Network show, Giada at Home, all the time. I might be a little obsessed. I like Giada's commitment to making easy recipes and keeping her hair teased up big enough to rival Ricki Lake in Hairspray.



So when I saw this box mix at Target, I just had to try it.



If memory serves, you beat ricotta, butter, and one egg...




Add the cookie mix...



Drop onto cookie sheet...


 Bake according to directions.




For the glaze, just combine fresh lemon juice, lemon zest, and the pre-packaged glaze mix.





The glazing process is pretty messy, so I'd advise using some kind of lining under your cooling racks.




While I wasn't falling-over-in-love with these, they were definitely good enough to finish. The end result is a moist, mild, cake-like cookie. This is a great item to keep on hand for when you need to whip up a dessert that will make you look fancy and cultured.


2 comments:

Adam said...

never seen her show but the cookies look good

VEG said...

well you had me at lemon, frankly! :) Also, Giada always fascinated me because a head that big doesn't belong on a body THAT tiny. It just doesn't....

© Things I Like to Eat (...and Other Nonsense), AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena