1.28.2013

Recipe: Banana Cupcakes with Maple Brown Butter Frosting.

Have you been to MingMakesCupcakes? It's like a visual heaven for the sweet tooth in your eyeballs.

Does that even make sense? I don't care, just click on that link above and you'll know what I'm talking about.



Banana Cupcakes with Maple Brown Butter Frosting

INGREDIENTS
1 cup mashed bananas
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 stick butter
1 cup sugar
1 jumbo egg
1 tsp vanilla
3/4 cup buttermilk

ICING
1 stick butter
3 cups confectioner's sugar
1/4 cup milk
3 tbsp maple syrup


DIRECTIONS
Heat oven to 275 F (135 C)
1. In a small bowl, combine bananas and lemon juice.



2. In a separate bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, and salt.

3. In another bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. While mixing, add flour mixture and buttermilk, alternating. Mix in bananas until well blended.



4. Bake for one hour, or until toothpick comes out clean.



After removing from oven, place cupcakes in freezer for 30 minutes.


In a saucepan, melt butter at medium heat until golden brown. In a bowl, add butter to sugar, then add milk and maple syrup. Beat until smooth.



Top cupcakes with banana and cinnamon.





Note:
I used "Medium Amber" syrup and I'm guessing that's why my frosting didn't get that buttery brown color. It was the only true maple syrup I had on hand, and it was was in a really cute bottle, which is partly why I wanted to try this recipe.


Also, if you're making these ahead of time, do NOT top them with banana slices until you're ready to serve. Otherwise, your guests will be greeted with a bunch of soggy-looking brown things. Trust me, bananas get gross quick.



4 comments:

Marie a la Mode said...

These look amazing!

tara said...

Oh my god those look delicious!

Adam said...

nice cupcakes

Kara said...

Jesus. H. Christ. I need several of these in and around my mouth.

© Things I Like to Eat (...and Other Nonsense), AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena