10.05.2012

Trader Joe's Almond Croissants.

I know I've blogged about Trader's Joe's croissants before- the chocolate ones, to be exact- but these are good enough to have a second mention.

The last time we were at Trader Joe's, I picked up a box of their almond croissants. Since I'm not really a chocolate-lover, I knew these would be more up my alley.

The baking process is simple. Even easier than the chocolate version. Simply leave raw croissants out on a baking sheet for 6-7 hours (I left mine out completely overnight), then bake for 20 minutes. Once they're done, you can serve as-is or even dust lightly with powdered sugar. Since I like to go over the top with my "homemade" croissants, I went for the powdered sugar. And also served them with raspberry jam. Heh.



The outsides of the almond croissants were the same as the chocolate ones: light, buttery, crispy, and flaking apart with every bite. SO much better than buying a croissant from your local chain coffee shop.

The insides had an almond paste that was sweet and rich. Perfect with morning tea or coffee.



Try them this weekend!


0 comments:

© Things I Like to Eat (...and Other Nonsense), AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena