10.22.2012

Pear, Bacon, and Bleu Cheese Pizza.

This isn't so much a "recipe" as it's more just me posting pictures of this delicious pizza we made. If you're looking for a new combination of toppings for your own homemade variations, I highly suggest these.

We used Trader Joe's Herb & Garlic pizza dough. (Originally I attempted a recipe from scratch, but it ended badly as a sticky pile of nasty.) Top with a light layer of grated Swiss and Gruyere.



Add medium-cooked bacon pieces, bleu cheese, chopped pecans, and sliced pears. Finish with another light layer of Swiss and Gruyere. Tip: Don't slice your pears until the moment you're ready to use them. Otherwise, they'll turn brown and people will be like "Ew, what's that? I hate brown stuff! Gross!!" And then you'll be like "They're just pears! They still taste fine, I swear!" And then people will never trust your cooking again and they'll hate you forever.




Admiring my masterpiece. My hair has rabies.

Cook according to the directions on the Trader Joe's dough. I think it was 20 minutes at 400 degrees, but don't quote me on that.





Eat a lot. The pears make it healthy.

On a related note, the pizza pan we use is the Cooking With Calphalon Pizza Pan (Google Affiliate Ad) from Kohl's. We've only had it for a short time, but have already used it several times. The verdict: The crust comes out perfect and crispy on the outside/ soft on the inside. Never soggy or burnt. It's nonstick, lightweight, and cost about 1/3 less than its competitor's "pizza stone" product. Great purchase.





Boner'ppetite!


1 comments:

Alicia xoxxo said...

This looks soooo good! I love me some Trader Joes! Seriosuly addicted. Didnt have one in VA. And I love your sense of humor. :)

© Things I Like to Eat (...and Other Nonsense), AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena